25 giugno 2011

La dolce far niente - The sweetness of doing nothing

Finally a day to sleep in! Well, until 9:45, at which point Rachel and I rushed down to the breakfast terrace in our pajamas to smuggle food into our room before breakfast closed at 10. After a lovely breakfast in bed (fortunately I got the nutella off the bedspread with my handy Tide to Go, love that thing) we took a walk over to the "mercato coperto" where we bought yummy fruits and veggies to sustain us for the week. 

After the market, we took a stroll over to the (somewhat) nearby park that Antonella had showed us on our tour of the city, books in tow. We were all tired from yesterday's trip and it was yet another GORGEOUS day out, so reading (I loveloveloveeee that I can read books in other languages! It's actually like the coolest thing EVER!) outside under trees in this little park was an absolutely perfect way to spend the afternoon. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento